My kids really enjoyed making nests for their hard boiled eggs this year. This is a simple craft that encourages some outside time and makes easy Easter decorations!
Age: 2 and up, (adult help if using hot glue)
- Brown paper bag (the small lunch sized ones work best)
- Collected sticks from your yard or a nature walk
- Glue (we found a hot glue gun to work best…which means Mommy did the gluing)
- Hard boiled and dyed eggs OR plastic eggs
- Spend some time outdoors as you collect a bag of small branches on the ground. We enjoyed pointing out and talking about all of the new life growing around our yard. Then head inside to assemble the nests.
- Show kids how to take the paper bag and scrunch it down into a circle.
- Next show them how to layer the sticks in a circle, and try to help them do some layering so they resemble a nest.
- Then Mommy gets to glue the sticks into place with the hot glue gun.
- Once the glue is dry, let the kids lay an egg or three inside.
- Help them find a special place in the house for their lovely Easter decoration!