This recipe is one of those comfort meals because my mom made it for us growing up. The amounts listed below serve my family of 6 (while the kids are still young). It can be easily doubled to feed more people.
- Cook the cubed steak in a large fry pan, until the meat is browned.
- Pour the meat into a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Combine all other ingredients (except rice) in a medium bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the hot (empty) fry pan to loosen brown bits from the meat.
- Pour the warmed mixture over the meat in the casserole dish; cover.
- Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 2 1/2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally. It will be finished when the meat falls apart with a fork. Serve over rice or noodles. Enjoy!