Need a dairy free dessert but have a craving for chocolate? This is a very good substitute 🙂 One tip, let it cool completely before eating…it has a different taste when it’s still warm. This vegan recipe makes 1 – 9″ round cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9″ round cake pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In another small mixing bowl, whisk together the water, almond milk, canola oil and vanilla.
- Next, mix the wet and dry ingredients together. Add chocolate chips, if using and stir.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. TRY NOT TO OVER-BAKE.
- Cool completely