My kids went through a stage where we played with shaving cream at least once a week. It’s a great way to get “messy” in a clean way! I also think it’s never too early to teach really young kids how to clean up after themselves. Use this activity to teach those little ones how to stay in one place while they play and then clean it all up after they are done.
- Foam shaving cream (Some brands don’t foam up very well. Also, make sure it’s without menthol–we use the Aloe flavor of Barbasol)
- Plastic table covering (optional)
- Sponges and rags for clean-up
- plastic forks for making fun designs, or other shape-type toys (optional)
- Place a plastic table covering in a large space so that you don’t worry about a mess
- Maybe have each child wear a craft smock, roll up those sleeves!
- Give instructions to stay in their “space” with the shaving cream
- Remind the little ones to not eat it!
- Spray a small amount in front of each child, and have fun!!