Age: 2 and up
- bottle (we used Gatorade bottles)
- black paint
- white paint
- paint brush
- black construction paper
- yellow construction paper
- styrofoam ball (2-3 inches in diameter) OR play-doh OR black pompom (2-3 inches)
- google eyes
- Paint the bottle black, leave an area open for a white belly. Even the young kids can paint this, with some help. Let it dry.
- Once the black is dry, paint the belly white, let it dry
- The head can be made out of a styrofoam ball, painted black. OR, we used some play-doh that has seen better days, painted black. It kind of cracked after it was dry, but we aren’t about perfection! OR you could use a large black pompom.
- Glue the head in place and glue the eyes in place
- Cut out penguin wings from the black paper; glue in place
- Cut out a yellow beak and yellow feet; glue in place
- Allow the kids to find a special place to proudly display their penguins!