It’s probably not common for kids to love shrimp…so just substitute chicken for this recipe OR save it for a meal with your adult friends! My mom and I made this recipe up while we were on vacation in Florida…I just had to showcase it next to the lovely pool!
1 pound medium uncooked shrimp or chicken
3 Tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup lemon juice
2 Tablespoons fresh oregano (or 2 teaspoons dried)
sea salt and grated parmesan cheese for seasoning
Optional: crushed red pepper
- If using raw shrimp, make sure they are de-shelled, deveined and cleaned. If using chicken, chop into 2-inch chunks.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the linguine noodles until al dente (usually 8-9 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and saute for 2 minutes (do not let it burn).
- Add shrimp or chicken, cook until the shrimp is light pink (only a couple of minutes) or until the chicken is golden brown.
- Once the shrimp or chicken is cooked, immediately add the lemon juice and cooked noodles. Toss the mixture to incorporate the flavors. Add 1 tsp of sea salt and all of the oregano. Toss again to make sure it is heated.
- Transfer to a large serving dish, top with crushed red pepper and parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!