I don’t know why, but whether you make these muffins with fresh berries, frozen berries, regular milk or soy milk, they always taste amazing. A batch of 12 muffins is gone in about 20 minutes in my house. ENJOY!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Fill a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl
- Pour the 1/3 cup vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup. Add the egg, fill with enough milk to fill up the 1 cup.
- Pour into the flour mixture, stir and then fold in the berries
- Combine topping ingredients and mash with a fork or pastry knife until the butter/margarine is incorporated and resembles a crumble.
- Sprinkle the topping over the muffins
- Place on the middle rack in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes