“Egg pizza” just sounds a little more enticing to my kids than “fritatta”. So that’s what we call it around here. I just made this one last night, and it was met with great enthusiasm. I barely had a leftover piece big enough to save for my husband’s lunch. I like making it because it needs no preparing ahead of time, and many of the ingredients can vary according to what you have on hand. I just pull the ingredients out of the fridge while I’m heating my pan and whip up this yummy kid-friendly dinner in no time!
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c grated cheddar cheese (or 2 Tbs. grated
1-2 cups spinach, chopped (the more the
1 Tbs. fresh basil, chopped (or 1/2 tsp. dried
1 Tbs. fresh mint leaves, chopped (optional…we
have mint in our garden right now!)
1 small onion, finely chopped
2-3 Tbs. olive oil
6-8 oz. kielbasa sausage, sliced
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cheese, spinach, basil, and mint.
- Add oil and onions to skillet and simmer until tender.
- Pour egg mixture over onions.
- Arrange sausage slices over top.
- Cover skillet and allow to cook for approximately 10 minutes, checking sides for doneness with fork. If sides are cooking too quickly, reduce heat. Once top is set and edges are light brown, remove skillet from heat. Enjoy!
Note: This meal is also great vegetarian style with out the kielbasa!